Naleli Guesthouse is located in Hlotse (in Leribe), 94km from the Lesotho principal town Maseru & 21km from Ficksburg Bridge (South Africa).
The town was founded in 1876 when the resident magistrate & an Anglican missionary were granted permission to build by the local chief; Hlotse was an important town during Lesotho's colonial era & remains one of the kingdom's larger centers. The town has an interesting military history. The small fort at the mission was often under siege by the Basotho during the Gun War of 1880-1881. Major Bell's Tower is part of the original fort & remains a landmark on the main street.